What is a manufacturer’s representative?
- A manufacturer’s representative is a contracted sales agent for a specific product and or territory. We represent the manufacturer’s interests in the marketplace.
Are you really just a master distributor?
- No. The manufacturers retain ownership of the inventory and your distributor agreement is directly with the manufacturer.
- There are occasions when Fortney Sales Company, Inc. will engage in a buy/resell arrangement to assist you in securing a specific product or service.
Do you sell to end users?
- Our focus and the focus of our manufacturers is the industrial distributor. We DO NOT sell to end users.
- On rare occasions, we may deal directly with an OEM based on volume or industry requirements.
To whom should purchase orders be issued?
- As a general rule, all purchase orders should be issued directly to the manufacturer in question.
- In the event we are engaging in a buy/resell arrangement, the purchase order should be made to Fortney Sales Company, Inc.
Where can I send my orders?
What is the prepaid freight amount?
- Midland Metal Industrial
- Kuriyama of America
- $4,000 for any combination of products.
- $1,500 for orders consisting of only coupling products.
Do you prepay and add freight charges?
- Kuriyama Freight charges can be billed as PP&A for UPS or Freight Line shipments with a completed PPA Registration form.
Do you cut hose to special lengths?
- REGP/BEGP/MORGP – Kuriyama’s general-purpose air/water hoses can be cut in 50 increments. All cut orders will ship from Schaumburg, Illinois.
- All other Kuriyama products can be quoted as completed assembly products via our Kuriyama Value Added Services (KVAS) program.
Can I mix a Kuriyama order and a KVAS order together to get prepaid freight?
Can I mix a Kuriyama order and a Midland order together to get prepaid freight?
How late can I place an order and still get it out the same day?
- That depends…As a general rule, any order received prior to 3:00 p.m. EST will ship the same day. Please understand this is affected by multiple factors:
- Overall order volume – If we have been slammed by high order volume, we may have challenges meeting same-day shipping requests.
- Truck lines – Your preferred truck line may have already come and gone for the day.
- Size of the order – A 20+ line item order is likely to be a challenge if received late in the day.
- Inventory availability – If we happen to be out of a given item and have to send the order to another warehouse, we cannot guarantee same-day shipping availability.
- Let us know what you need. We will do everything possible to meet your requirement.
Who do I need to contact to get a copy of an invoice?
- Please ask your Customer Service Representative for the appropriate contact.
How late are you open? Are you open on weekends?
- Our hours of operation are as follows:
- M-Th 8:00-5:30
- Fri – 8:00-5:00
- If an emergency arises, please contact your outside salesman directly.