Al and Joyce Fortney started Fortney Sales Co., Inc. in the basement of their home. They created Fortney Sales as a family business between the two of them and continued to grow it. In 1977 we began to represent our very first hose and accessories organization. Our company was then incorporated in July 1978. Our first move was to 393 Sessions St., Marietta, in February 1979 with 18,000 square feet split between two buildings. When we finally outgrew our first actual location, in January 1996, we moved into our facility at 1580 Big Shanty Drive. This was the home of our company for many years. However, the time came that moving was not optional, We made our biggest upgrade yet in May 2014 to our current location. This building is our current location in Acworth, GA with an 80,000-square-foot warehouse and office facility. Our growth is shown by not only the increase in space over the years but by the development of our family business. All of our employees may not be relatives, but we are a family.